We are the Duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community and, most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all - The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 200 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 18 consecutive years, one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2015 (the inaugural year of the award) and one of America's Most Admired Companies for 15 years.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself: Are you the Duck? If so, there's a home - and a flourishing career - for you at Aflac.
Aflac Asset Management, LLC/
New York, NY
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Finance Manager - Asst. Vice President
In support of the Global Investments mission, the Finance Manager is a strategic partner within the organization and will ensure a coordinated approach in the implementation of our strategic plan. The position requires expertise in managing day-to-day responsibilities of the budgeted financials, actuals vs. forecast, Net Investment Income (NII), along with corporate metrics. This individual should demonstrate a working knowledge as a finance manager with emphasis on financial planning and analysis, along with the ability to enhance the value of the finance function and GI overall. In addition, to the responsibilities described below, the Finance Manager will also work on operational / strategic related projects and help to support the business objectives with colleagues in Columbus, GA (Headquarters) and Tokyo, Japan.
Reports to: Global Head of Human Resources and Chief of Staff in lieu of Chief Financial Officer
Other Relationships: All Investment functions at 100 Wall Street Office and strategic business partners throughout Aflac, Inc.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
* Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, investment results (specifically as it relates to Net Investment Income (NII)) and the company's actual performance compared to budgeted plans.
* Advanced financial analyses to determine present vs. forecasted financials
* Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to executive leadership while helping to improve the financial health of the organization.
* Help align budgets and forecasts with Aflac Global Investments strategic priorities
* Manage the preparation, participation, and publication of departmental and organizational financial reports and documents to executive leadership.
* Collaborate with investment professionals (front - middle - back office) from trade to investment accounting to verify accuracy and the adherence to Gold Plan with attention to variances and changes and present potential scenarios and outcomes to executive leadership. Identify any risks or opportunities as needed.
* Evaluate reporting systems and collection procedures and work with IT department on enhancements in planning tools (SAP).
* Collaborate with other members of Aflac Global Investments to prepare board presentations; along with but not limited to, financial analytics, workflow management, develop and update existing monthly reporting packages for executive leadership.
* Perform ad hoc reporting and analyses as requested
Candidate and Qualifications:
* Minimum of 6 years of direct related experience working in a finance or financial planning and analysis role preferably in the investments financial sector.
* Experience working and planning through annual and 5 year forecast planning and subsequent budgets for a similar size firm as well as AUM.
* BA required, Master's degree welcomed.
* Excellent analytical and research skills with a strong attention to detail.
* Ability to interface with all levels of management.
* Advanced Excel (modeling is a must), Word, and Powerpoint
* Working knowledge of SAP Financial Systems, Aladdin, and ability to learn other proprietary systems created on behalf on Aflac Global Investments
* Takes ownership of problems and seeks to add value, not just complete assigned tasks * Strong client facing skills. Candidate will work closely with the Aflac investment team. * Strong verbal and written communication skills. * Strong analytical and problem solving skills * Ability to work independently. A team player with a strong work ethic * Tasks and date driven with regards to deliverables * Excellent analytical and research skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to interface with all levels of management
* Ability to self-manage workloads and work to deadlines
* Proactive approach to issue resolution
* Able to take initiative and multi-task
* Ability to work effectively with other individuals and departments
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to facilitate compromise between conflicting requirements or points of view