- AECOM Technology Corporation
- $95,535.00 -149,730.00/year*
1103 Market St
United States of America - Virginia, Arlington - VA
AECOM's National Infrastructure Economics group is a multidisciplinary team with staff located across the U.S. We work closely with AECOM's engineering and planning disciplines to conduct an applied economic analysis to support project development, policy and investment decision making. We apply our national experience and leadership in partnership with AECOM's regional expertise to solve clients' problems and support their work.
There are occasional opportunities for international work.
We would like to add an experienced mid-level Economist to the team to support planning and engineering projects across the country. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of how economics supports the development, operation and management of infrastructure assets and networks.
The Economist will perform routine tasks independently, and work under the general supervision of project managers on more complex assignments. Typical projects will include freight planning, financial and economic analysis, regional economic assessments, benefit-cost analysis, capital program development, policy and technology analysis, environmental and sustainability evaluations, tax and revenue assessments, and others. S/he will handle assignments of a quantitative and qualitative nature; and communicate effectively with project staff and/or clients. Working with clients and team members, the Economist will create and apply economic and simulation models. S/he will build, manage and analyze large data sets based on proprietary client data and traditional public sources. Written communication is an important part of our work. The Economist will frequently prepare and deliver technical reports, presentations and client briefings. Candidates will be expected to manage individual analysis tasks upon hire and develop project management skills over time. While business development is not typically a part of this role, the Economist may be asked to assist with these activities. Occasional travel is required.
* Has developed the requisite technical skill to deliver technical assignments effectively including knowledge of quantitative planning and data analysis methods and tools related to multiple fields of infrastructure economics
* BA/BS in Economics + 2 Years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
* Produces and delivers exceptional quality work that is thoughtful, thorough, and polished
* Actively listens and confirms understanding with client or project manager
* Takes full ownership of all assignments, regardless of the task and is proactive in completing assignments
* Communicates consistently with internal and external team members
* Seeks ways to add value to the work completed for project managers and clients
* Demonstrates good judgment in deciding when to work independently and when to ask for help
* Develops long-lasting client relationships; becomes a trusted partner
* Has experience with multiple types of infrastructure
* Has a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
* Has a master's degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for quantitative analysis, such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering.
* Has approximately 3-6 years of applicable experience
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to \"make amazing happen\" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Economics
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 220496BR
Additional Locations US - Philadelphia, PA - 1600 Market Street - Suite 1700, US - San Diego, CA - 401 West A Street
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: capital, commission, economy asset, financial, financial analyst, gs 0110 12, insurer, real estate, valuation, wholesale
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...