United States of America - New York, New York City
AECOM is seeking to fill a part-time variable Engineering Manager role in the New York, NY office. Candidate will act in a lead role managing and directing various internal and external engineering disciplines. In addition, he/she will be actively involved in the commissioning efforts for a gas processing plant at Newtown Creek, Brooklyn, N.Y. The successful candidate will work with equipment vendors/suppliers to ensure technical requirements of the specific project are met, as well as with vendor and third party commissioning agents to ensure timely and thorough plant start-up.
Level specific responsibilities:
* Provides engineering technical and management leadership for a discipline or area of responsibility.
* Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative. Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with senior- level engineers within the company and with key engineering officials of other organizations and companies, and is skilled in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
* At this level, individuals will have demonstrated creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving both routine and unusual engineering problems, determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects, and developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
* Supervision received is essentially administrative with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
BA/BS plus 12 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including a minimum of 4 years of leadership experience is required.
* 15 years' experience leading engineering disciplines is preferred.
* Experience in waste to energy gas processing projects including all mechanical, electrical and I & C systems is preferred
* Ability to develop technically detailed RFP packages is preferred
* Project management experience a plus
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to \"make amazing happen\" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Power & Industrial
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Part-time Variable
Requisition/Vacancy No. 224161BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.