Performs a variety of project engineering & project management work throughout the lifecycle of capital projects, including but not limited to conceptual design, detailed design, construction, commissioning/start-up, and project closure. Supports scoping, design, procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of projects. Work is performed both in the field and office environment
Responsibilities of Position:
* Ensure the safe execution of all projects managed or in assigned areas, while working with appropriate HSE personnel ensuring all government agency requirements (i.e., permits, notifications) are satisfied.
* Manage the execution of capital investments through their entire life cycles in areas assigned: including prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, budgeting, engineering/design, procurement, construction execution, commissioning, startup, and project closure documentation (while following 6-Sigma and DFSS methodologies). Integrate plant personnel to ensure results that meet the needs of the plant Customers.
* Working knowledge of capital project management process, including FEL requirements and stage gate processes.
* Manage $3M - $15M in capital projects annually.
* Work closely with the Site Business Controller to provide project evaluation and economic analysis on the capital investments for such managed projects. Manage the overall effort leading to an approved Appropriation Request (AR).
* Manage several smaller capital investments and/or a few larger investments simultaneously at one or more sites.
* Prepare bid packages and requests for quotes for materials, equipment and services.
* Prepare and issue work order packages to construction.
* Provide detailed engineering direction to mechanical designers. Perform detailed engineering in mechanical engineering discipline.
* Monitor and control projects to meet the stated objectives and metrics commitments in the AR (both managed and in areas assigned). Working knowledge of Project Controls (Estimating, Scheduling, and Cost Control).
* Responsible for forecasting and managing capital expenditures on a monthly basis.
* Knowledgeable of Automation/Controls type projects is a plus.
* Interface with key site and company personnel to make maximum use of available resources. Such functions will include, but not limited to, site engineering resources, purchasing, operations, systems, and business engineering, as well as equipment vendors, contracting firms. Participate in Quality Productivity meetings in areas assigned as the representative for project Engineering.
* Handle necessary eMOC items in areas assigned and PSSR requirements on Projects assigned.
* Oversee appropriate maintenance and records of all drawings, specifications, programs, and other documentation for such managed projects.
* Provide support on the business Strategic Planning, Annual Operating Plan and the Six Sigma Initiatives, in order to develop the appropriate capital plans/budgets.
* An advocate for strong safety awareness program with a consistent implementation of policies and procedures and participate in construction safety audits and contractor safety meetings.
* ? Anticipated travel ? 10%
* BS degree in Engineering required with minimum of 8 years petro chem experience.
* Working knowledge of industrial work practices as related to Health, Safety, and Environmental impacts.
* Working knowledge of Petro Chem related industry codes such as ASME, API, ASTM, ANSI
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail and computer literacy required.
* Must be able to analyze field data in operating facilities.
* Action Oriented / Self Starter.
Innovative \"thinks outside the box\"
* MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
* Experience in the management of financial budgets, projects, troubleshooting, team building, and overall leadership sought.
* Customer Focused ? Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
* Technical ? Understands engineering and project management principles. Experience in the use of SAP, MS Project, other MS Office Suite of products, and Primavera desired.
* Agent for Change ? not satisfied with the status quo, willing to take strong and effective action to effectively manage capital investments. Committed to continuous improvement; Recommend and develop innovative processes.
* Interpersonal skills ? Relates well to all levels and kinds of people (engineers, designers, craftspeople, accountants, suppliers, & construction contractors); builds appropriate rapport. Listens well.
* Self-starter; Results driven; Anticipate/initiates and implements solutions; proactive.
* Strong people leadership, including mentoring and coaching skills.
* Action Oriented ? Full of energy for the things that need to be accomplished; Bias for action; Team player.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, and decision-making skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Strong working knowledge of chemical plant operations and processes.
* Track record of successfully managing this magnitude of investments.
* Six Sigma Greenbelt (or Blackbelt) certification or equivalent experience implementing productivity / continuous improvement projects.
* Formal training and certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is desired.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.