- $34,455.00 -60,400.00/year*
1103 Market St
AdvanSix is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for petroleum refining.
The AdvanSix Pottsville plant is a world-leading producer of Capran? biaxially oriented nylon films (BOPA, BON) and oriented nylon film (OPA, ONY, ON). The biaxial orientation endows Capran with exceptional strength and barrier properties, including superb burst strength, flex-crack, and abrasion and puncture resistance at lighter gauges versus competitive films. This makes them ideal for markets ranging from industrial and pharmaceutical to medical packaging.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic in our Pottsville, PA facility. Successful candidates will perform mechanical repairs on process equipment and other duties with the utmost regard to safety. This position will be Monday-Friday 2nd shift, with certain weekends on call to support our 24/7 production facility.
* Provide plant wide mechanical coverage for repair of process equipment, utility systems and building infrastructure
* Work overtime as required to complete tasks
* Respond positively to call ins whenever possible
* Troubleshoot and repair mechanical power transmission systems, web handling equipment, fans, blowers, and other rotating and fixed equipment
* Perform replacement installation of mechanical components and systems
* Perform prescribed preventive maintenance of mechanical equipment
* Perform disassembly, overhaul and reassembly of plastics processing equipment
* Assist in identifying, investigating and recommending solutions for repeat equipment failures
* Continue to improve technical skills through formal, informal and hands-on training
* Willing to upgrade skills and training
* Expected to assist electricians when necessary
* Drive plant vehicles for warehouse runs
* Demonstrate willingness to be actively involved in Lean Manufacturing activities
* Willingness to perform and be involved in safety activities
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Minimum of 2 years industrial mechanical experience
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs
* Demonstrated ability to read mechanical drawings and correctly apply this information to troubleshoot and repair or assembly equipment
* Demonstrated commitment to work safely and to perform complete and safe repairs
* Demonstrated proficiency with millwright techniques (assembly, alignment, and anchoring)
* Working knowledge of installation, preventative care and servicing of pumps, gearboxes, blowers, mechanical rotating equipment, belts and bearings
* Welding and machining experience is a plus
* Demonstrated ability using personal computers for spreadsheet and word processing applications
* Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of supervision, as well as working well in team environment
* Good safety record
* Accountable for results
* Willingness to learn
* Good attendance record
* Good record of overtime and call in availability
* Basic knowledge of electricity
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. High School Diploma/GED `
Associated topics: calibrate, diagnose, equipment, maintenance, maintenance technician, malfunction, millwright, repair, service technician, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...