* Responsible for all aspects of assigned capital construction execution at the assigned areas at Hopewell site. Directly supervises team of construction specialists at the site. * During project development and scoping responsibilities include assisting in the development of the field staffing plan, review project scope of work and identify conflicts in design or equipment. * During each phase of project (FEL), and project detailed design phase, the responsibilities include but not limited to support PM for conducting design/constructability reviews, leading constructability review effort, developing construction strategy, review field construction bid packages. * During procurement phase evaluate contractors and services, participate in pre-bid walks and assists in evaluating bids, Assist in answering construction related pre bid RFI's (request for information) from contractors, take part in the bid review for field construction packages, enter requisitions or notify PM for field material shorts. * Execute construction management and oversight of field activities of the group such as lead pre-construction meeting with successful contractor(s), answer or facilitate answering all contractor RFI's, assist with maintenance of stored equipment, help acquire stored, project provided material as needed by contractor or maintenance * Ensure daily coordination of construction activities with site construction specialists, contractors assigned to the projects. * Understand and enforce construction QA/QC, coordinate with plant and with construction QA/QC engineer resources as needed. * Other field activities shall include conduct daily display board TIER 2 &3 meeting with construction specialists and contractors. * Gather daily construction reports from construction specialists, contractor and or maintenance include info on weather, crew make-up, and daily, major, achievements, coordinate project tie-in work with the plant, report weekly highlights to the AdvanSix construction Manager including any collected digital field pictures.
Safety and Environmental
* ensures local team execution meets safety and environmental regulations and procedures; facilitates \"Life Critical\" permits for contractors assuring proper notification and signatures of proper plant personnel. (LOTO, Hot Work, Line Break, Confined Space, and Critical Lifts), ensures contractors are trained on any site-specific procedures i.e., Fall Protection and Scaffolding Awareness, and reports monthly manpower numbers for safety. Confirm on-site construction personnel meet the site/Company security and safety requirements * Closely collaborate and full alignments with site HSE professionals and HSE contractor safety management in enforcing safety requirements utilizing coaching, influencing, and conducting training as needed in order to fostering trust and teamwork with bias for action in raising safety and hazard recognition awareness for all capital contractors at the site.
* Coordinate independent contractor schedule milestones to maintain the overall project schedule, Drive construction schedule effort, Report schedule deviations to the ASIX Construction leader and the Project Engineer/Manager, conduct 2-week schedule look ahead meetings, ensure required materials are available.
* Assure the use of and approve change order process and forms, review change orders as being a \"reality\" check for cost and overall value, track log changes as a % of base contract amount, generate and report field \"Cost Trend\" log information, * Work closely with cost control management team to track field costs, control dollars spent on work orders, work with the contractor in timely closing work orders at job completion, initiate contract change orders, do the initial review of progress payment invoices and estimate percent complete verses percent billed, pass on to project engineer for receiving in SAP, Track T/M sheets on timely basis and report to project manager.
Commissioning and Start up
* Manage the field Redline as built drawings and pass to PMs, participate in PSSR, supervise completion of assigned PSSR punch list pertaining to construction, participate in the project critique, list construction lessons and provide to ASIX construction management , participate in Contractor Performance Rating for each of the major contractors.
Key Success Factors
* Adhere to the plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines and requirements. * Work with teams of engineers, maintenance, materials management, and operations employees to plan, assist in the implementation and/or resolution of issues that improve safety, quality, reliability, and process control. * Travel 10%
* 8-10 years of experience in leading construction execution as a foreman, superintendent, or other leadership role in the Chemical and Petro Chemical Industries * Proven experience leading construction projects.
* Experience using SAP is desired. * Track record of successfully supporting the similar size organization and investment. * Customer Focused: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. * Agent for Change: Not satisfied with the status quo; Willingness to take strong and effective action to reduce cost, improve quality and shorten cycle time; Committed to continuous improvement; Recommend and develop innovative processes. * Interpersonal skills: Relates well to all levels and kinds of people; Able to build appropriate rapport; Listens well. * Self-starter; Results driven; Anticipates/initiates and implements solutions; proactive. * Action Oriented: Full of energy for the things that need to be accomplished; Bias for action; Decision-maker, Team player. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Associated topics: building engineer, building information, building process, cad, designer, implement, model, stability, structural designer, systems engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.