- Adex Corporation
- $41,920.00 -84,840.00/year*
125 Janelle Blvd
Telecom Tower Crew Foreman I We are now looking for Telecom Tower Crew Foreman candidates in your area. Responsible for learning and retaining new knowledge that will be obtained via a vigorous training program and mentoring program. Candidates must be able to carefully and accurately follow safety and work instructions, organize and track their work via checklists and work procedures, and must be able and willing to climb tall structures with a load of up to 25 pounds while working at altitudes of 300+ feet.Responsibilities:
- Inspect, supervise and participate in the work being performed by tower crew members.
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation.
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights. Impacted equipment will be mounted on various structures such as guyed towers, lattice towers, monopole towers, water towers, stealth towers and rooftops.
- Observe and report possible compound / equipment defects or hazards.
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented and followed.
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists.
- Accurately and timely document job costs, including labor hours and material.
- Read customer blueprints and execute scope of work per the customer's specifications.
- Perform Anritsu Sweep Testing, PIM Testing and Fiber Testing.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade and expand existing major cellular carrier networks / sites.
- Perform cellular radio and antenna swaps, legacy cable plant upgrades from coaxial cable to fiber, site upgrades and capacity expansion.
- Conduct pre and post work site audits.
- Serve as a rescue climber if and when needed.
- Identify potential add-on sales to increase company revenue.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum years of experience: (3 - 4 Years of Tower Climbing Experience)
- Must have prior experience working as a Tower Foreman or Crew Lead.
- Must have experience supervising crews of 2-5 employees.
- Must have new build, colocation, civil wireless construction experience.
- Must have experience interacting with customers and problem resolution.
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Driver's License, and meet Ericsson's driver eligibility criteria in order to drive a company vehicle.
- Must successfully complete DOT certification within 90 days of employment, and required DOT medical exam post-offer, pre-employment.
- Must take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug test and adhere to random drug testing policy, as permitted by state and local law.
- Must successfully complete and pass a pre-employment, post-offer background check, including criminal history check, employment history check, and education verification, among other things; Ericsson will consider criminal history in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Must successfully complete Ericsson's tower training program at required level.
- Must be able to travel outside home market up to 50% of the time; but amount of travel could be higher depending on customer projects and business needs.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours, to include nights and weekends, when needed.
- Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently without continuous supervision with the desire and ability to learn and retain new knowledge.
- Must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in the English language for safety reasons.
- Ability to exercise flexibility in challenging and / or perplexing situations.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment.
- Must have high level of computer proficiency, including a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of basic mechanical terms and tools.
- The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment.
- Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications.
- Must have own transportation to get to the job site if required.
- Must meet certain weight requirements post-offer, pre-employment and during employment in order to comply with equipment manufacturers' safety standards for working at heights; maximum weight to be qualified to climb upon hire is 250 pounds.
- Waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Ability to climb tall structures with a load of up to 25 pounds while working at altitudes of 300+ feet.
- Ability to lift and carry materials that weigh up to 40 pounds for 6-8 hours per work day.
- Must be able to work at heights from an aerial work platform (AWP) such as man-lifts, boom trucks, cranes & other approved equipment.
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors
- Ability to push and pull materials and equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, walk and climb for extended periods of time.
- Perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time.
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road.
- Ability to perform these duties in all weather conditions and climates including heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of geographic locations.
Associated topics: clean, cleaning, driver, groundskeeper, household mover, load, maintain, move, operator, roofing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...