Every immune system has a story to tell? the key is knowing how to listen. Our goal is to meaningfully improve people's lives by learning from the wisdom of their adaptive immune systems. It's a bold objective that we're uniquely built to achieve. At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count.
We are seeking a highly collaborative senior leader with significant Program Management experience to drive at least one of Adaptive's key Programs and to help advance the Portfolio and Program Management function. The Senior Director, Program Management will be responsible for aligning cross-function teams to deliver Program goals that meet customer requirements, align resources and deliver timely results. Programs will often encompass multiple phases of product development including feasibility, development, transfer activities, validation, and launch.
This experienced individual will also bring skills and experience to help Adaptive build the next generation of its Portfolio and Program Management function, including best practices for processes, communication, and cross-functional leadership. Successful candidates will have strong communication and relationship management skills as well as a strong scientific and strategic understanding of Adaptive's products, processes and business needs.
* Drive program management, continuous improvement and complex cross-functional team management for key product development programs
* Provide leadership in converting strategic direction into defined activities within regulatory and business requirements. Provide oversight of all phases of the product development life-cycle process from Feasibility to Commercialization, utilizing Design Control principles and managing phase-gates, design freezes, design reviews, change control, sign-offs, etc.
* Align teams and attain proactive issue resolution by simplifying complex issues and conveying information to all levels of an organization. Assess risks and develop mitigation plans to assist in decision making
* Build and/or improve systems and processes that drive effective program management
* Drive prioritization decisions and allocate resources across functional areas as well as across discrete Programs within the organization
* Ensure cross-functional alignment between commercial product management and subject matter experts to ensure key stakeholders agree on product requirements from both the customer and operational perspective for each project.
* Drive the development and execution of cross-functional project plans including scenario planning, timelines and dependences, project feasibility, estimation of budget and resources, and alignment of program strategies
* Work collaboratively with Project Management to ensure detailed timelines and project plans are up to date
* Manage effective and productive teams
* Education: BS or MS degree in Biology, Immunology, Cellular Biology, or similar required; PhD preferred
* 10+ years of experience as a Program Manager in a diagnostic, medical device, or life sciences technology driven company, preferably with products spanning research through commercialization
* Minimum 7 years of experience as a manager, highly preferred to have overseen project managers
* Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, able to navigate complex relationships and group dynamics to build consensus across scientific, technical and corporate groups
* Effective communication across the organization and to internal stakeholders
* Strong holistic perspective of product development process across different functional streams including familiarity with financial, regulatory and compliance considerations
* Skillful use of interpersonal skills and influence to accomplish work without formal authority and to ensure optimal team performance
* Demonstrated ability to take accountability for all program management aspects and works effectively and closely with project leaders and executive sponsors
* Detail-focused and organized with strong critical thinking skills
* Demonstrated success working within a team environment, adapt to change with agility and poise, and possess results-oriented approach
* Project Management Certificate highly preferred with administrative knowledge of project management tools
* Experience in ISO, CLIA, CAP, CLEP, GxP and other Regulatory compliance requirements preferred
* Proficiency with program/project management, productivity and collaboration software tools (MS Excel, MS SharePoint, MS Project, Smartsheet, Tableau, etc.)
Adaptive Biotechnologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.