- Adaptimmune Therapeutics Plc
- $66,980.00 -101,330.00/year*
1103 Market St
Payroll and Benefits Manager
* Philadelphia, PA
* Full Time
* Human Resources
* Senior Manager/Supervisor
The Adaptimmune US Payroll & Benefits Manager oversees US payrolls, employee benefit plans and HRIS reporting that align with the organization's vision and culture.
Primary responsibilities include: recommending, implementing and administering payroll practices and employee benefit programs, ensuring compliance with government regulations, and managing US HR data in our global HRIS database. Will also oversee the administration of employee records including governmental and corporate-wide reporting.
Individual will work with Global HR team as well as independently on a variety of projects that are of high priority to the business.
* Manages payroll related records and pay processes in conjunction with 3rd party payroll vendor ADP. Prepares and submits payroll exceptions to payroll vendor, audits payroll processes, and reconciles transactions to the General Ledger in conjunction with Finance.
* Manages relationship with payroll vendor for all payroll related matters.
* Recommends, implements and administers pay practices and Time Off plans for US operations. Ensures and validates compliance and consistency in application.
* Manages, analyzes and configures payroll taxes for employee stock plans, including stock option exercise, annual/monthly sell to cover exercises, and other relevant situations.
* Manages relationship with external benefit consultants in the identification and evaluation of appropriate benefit plan designs, cost analysis and funding alternatives. With US HR Head, prepares proposals for management review and consideration.
* Oversees administration of employee benefit plans including medical, dental, vision short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, and 401(K) plan.
* Oversees the maintenance of carrier and census files, benefit administration invoicing and ad hoc reporting.
* Collaborates in the development of key HR/business processes using HR systems (onboarding, open enrollment, performance management, salary administration, etc.)
* Is responsible for identifying and overseeing maintenance of HRIS workflows and documentation.
* Assists Finance team in preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end reports for local, state and federal agencies.
* Participates actively and helps to lead payroll, benefits, 401(K) Workers Compensation and any other relevant HR audits
* Understands requirements for OSHA, Worker's Comp and EEO reporting and applies knowledge to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reported information.
* As a key member of the HR team, provides high quality customer service to leaders and employees at all levels of the organization.
* Ensures accuracy, compliance and confidentiality of all employee records. Keeps up to date on records retention requirements.
* Collaborates with Global and local HR team as a leader and participant in HR/business projects.
* Bachelor's degree in human resources, Accounting, HRIS technology, business administration, or another related discipline required.
* CEBS certification a plus.
* Minimum of 7-10 years' related experience in a professional human resources/payroll and benefits capacity.
* Work experience in both small and mid-to-large organizations
* Experience with ADP Payroll Services, including report writing abilities, strongly preferred.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite of products, with advanced skills in Excel.
* In depth experience with Fair Labor Standards Act, ERISA, COBRA, ACA, EEO and other relevant federal regulations.
* Strong understanding of Human Resources processes and terminology, payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules.
* Project Management experience and experience working in a global organization preferred.
* High attention to detail and strong organizational skills, planning and time-management skills.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks against tight deadlines, maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
* Demonstrates exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
* Creative and positive outlook; problem solver.
* Resilient, nimble, and comfortable with change
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully establish effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of leadership and employees
* Demonstrated collaborator with other HR colleagues, preferably in cross-cultural environments.
Apply for Position* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...