- Acenda Volunteers
125 Janelle Blvd
Acenda Volunteers was recently named a Top Workplace for the second year in a row by the Philadelphia Network and now, we are looking for volunteers to make our team even stronger. Acenda Volunteers volunteers have the unique opportunity to serve the community by strengthening families and transforming the lives they touch. Our staff and volunteers are the backbone of this great Agency and have been an integral part of our continued growth and development from the beginning. Make a difference in your own community by becoming a Volunteer Mentor!
We are currently seeking self-motivated, independent and empathetic volunteers to become Mentors to our youth who are at risk for child abuse and neglect. TheAdolescent Mentoring Program at Acenda Volunteers serves youth ages 14-20 who are in need of guidance and support in Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem Counties. Youth are matched with a volunteer mentor who acts as an appropriate, positive role model by sharing valuable experiences to improve the mentee's self-esteem, social skills and life skills necessary to succeed as a healthy and productive individual. Our volunteers will work independently with these youth under the supervision of experienced Acenda Volunteers staff, who will provide comprehensive training and support.
Necessary Skills and Abilities for Volunteers
- Volunteer must maintain confidentiality except to report abuse, neglect, threat or actual self-harm.
- Volunteer must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Volunteer must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Volunteer must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Volunteer must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Volunteer must have means of transportation and be able to provide in-home services.
- Volunteer must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
To qualify for this volunteer opportunity you need to have the below minimum requirements and experience:
- Volunteer must have relevant skills/experience working with children.
- Volunteer must be mature, caring, dependable adult at least 18 years old (mentor must be five or more years older than mentee).
- Volunteer must not be closely related to current program participant.
- Volunteer must successfully complete a criminal background check and references check.
- Volunteer must have a valid driver's license, auto insurance, acceptable driving record, means of transportation and be able to provide in-home services.
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: chaplain, consultant, coordinator, customer experience, liasion, minister, pastor, program staff, teacher, vocational support/training
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...