The Associate Director, Rheumatology Consumer Marketing leads the development of commercial plans including all strategy development and tactics for Rheumatology indications within Immunology including value propositions, positioning, segmentation, strategy and omni channel strategy and creative development including broadcast. The Associate Director serves as the patient, brand and product subject matter expert for consumer marketing within the organization.
The Associate Director will work closely with multiple commercial operations teams to ensure success in development of strategy, creative and execution plans. Internally, the Associate Director will foster positive working relationships and be highly collaborative with the HCP marketing team, sales force, medical affairs, medical review, market research, sales training, regulatory review, business analytics, customer experience, paid media and other cross franchise teams. Externally, the Associate Director works with various agency partners and consultants to successfully lead consumer strategy and execution. The Associate Director must demonstrate the ability to lead without authority, while building a collaborative, integrated commercial brand team. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the consumer strategic and tactical plan development for indications within Rheumatology
- Collaborate with external agencies, internal partners and leadership to build, manage and execute marketing plans to achieve business objectives and goals
- Manage strategy and project development of DTC advertising for brand awareness, disease awareness, acquisition and conversion initiatives through a variety of channels including; broadcast, CRM, direct marketing, in-office, print, SEM, Digital Media, Mobile with strong emphasis in web based communications.
- Work with internal cross functions groups (Public Affairs, Professional Marketing, Legal, Regulatory, Medical and Project Management) and external (Ad Agency, Digital and Media Agency, Database agency) to insure integration and consistency of consumer business strategies and regulatory compliance of promotional material.
- Understand trends in the marketplace impacting Consumer Marketing using data driven strategic insights to apply on an on-going basis
- Lead competitive assessment and implications that are relevant for specific indications
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign strategies through campaign measurement and metrics development to ensure positive return on investment and achieve brand objectives.
- Help patients better manage their conditions through improved patient experiences.
- Grow brand/product penetration, share and awareness.
- Effectively track and manage the marketing budget.
- Consistently execute multiple marketing projects in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership, direction and development for 1 or more direct reports
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- BA/BS Required, MBA Preferred
- 10+ years of consumer marketing experience with both broadcast and digital marketing
- Understanding of the basic principles of brand management, including brand positioning, personality & overall campaign development.
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, media, digital, database agencies and internal partners.
- CRM experience including Direct mail and e-mail required.
- DTC mass media (TV, Print, Web) experience
- Understanding of social media platforms and their application
- Apply marketing concepts in the development of marketing plans and programs including brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT analysis, competitive assessment, market research, marketing objectives/strategies, patient segmentation, etc.
- A balance of analytical capability and creative vision
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Ability to influence senior management.
- Ability to work with all levels in a highly matrixed organization.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with several types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally
- Strong planning and organization skills, attention to detail, execution, and follow-through
- Demonstrated track record of high performance as evidenced by awards or other recognition and accomplishments
Associated topics: advertise, analyst, chief marketing officer, event, fundraise, market, marketing, medical center, newspaper, social media