- $95,040.00 -138,910.00/year*
1103 Market St
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. ABB is seeking a Field Engineer, PSG, East for its Atlanta, Georgia location.
* Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* PLC, RTU, DCS, and Computer controlled SCADA systems with a focus on Power Delivery equipment and Paralleling Switchgear Operations. Mandatory understanding of Power Delivery equipment as it pertains to data center and healthcare application.
* SCADA, HMI, or GUI (all are operator interfaces) mostly developed around WonderWare, iFix (Proficiency), Citect, and RSView applications (all of these are brand names). The ability to create the graphic interface the customer uses to operate and manage the system.
* Fundamental understanding of hardware network design and various communication protocols such as ControlNet, Modbus, Profinet, etc. This involves polling or extracting information out of the field devices.
* Ability to interpret the Protective Relay settings in relationship to the system. This is an automation function, not a protection function.
* Deep understanding of Distribute Energy Resources (diesel generator, steam/gas turbines, solar, wind, hydro, and battery storage systems that can island or operate in parallel with the utility grid is helpful.
* Knowledge of synchronization hardware such as Woodward Governor is essential. Attendance of a Woodward Governor hardware class is mandatory for PSG5 level.
* Capable of providing a deliverable system that can perform the following modes of Operation: Open Transition, Closed Transition, Peak Shave, Load Shed, Load Add, Balance of Plant.
* Ability to lead the site deliverables for the customer, maintain a schedule document changes in scope, Document site delays, and interface with a Project Manager.
* Leadership of a site commissioning team that consists of paralleling switchgear engineers, power Deliver field engineers & technicians.
* Maintain interface with Zenith engineering for project scope, system sequence of operation, and field modifications.
* Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree with minimum 8 years of experience in field commissioning as a site lead engineer
* Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
* Preferred Qualifications:
* BSEE is preferred, field experience and technical training accepted in lieu of degree
Associated topics: analog, architecture, chip, design, digital, engineer ii, engineer iv, hardware designer, plc, systems engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...